A global engineering business require a Commodity Manager to develop procurement strategy across the electro-mechanical spend area. Applicants need purchasing experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
The Commodity Manager will report to the Head of function, and be responsible for developing procurement strategy across the electro-mechanical commodity, on a global basis. A key focus of the role will be the establishment of new supply chain relationships in the Far East. This an exciting strategic procurement opportunity and would suit those, with experience of "cradle-to-grave" commodity and category management.
Specific duties of the Commodity Manager include:
- Review and assess current supply chain capabilities
- Identify risks within the supply chain and develop mitigation plans
- In conjunction with procurement management and engineering, select new electro-mechanical suppliers
- Negotiation and agreement of long term supply agreements
- Drive improved supply chain performance through modern contract management and SRM tools
Commodity Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing, Procurement, Senior Buyer or Commodity Management experience
- Experience working within a global manufacturing or engineering business
- Experience of establishing best cost overseas supply chains
- Extensive electro-mechanical sourcing expertise
- Strategic procurement toolkit - develop strategies, negotiation, vendor management and contract management
- CIPS, part CIPS, an engineering or business qualification - preferred
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Senior Buyer
- Commodity Manager
- Category Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'