This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commodity Manager to work with one of the worlds leading pharmaceutical organisations supporting their end-to-end supply chain operation.
Partner and work alongside with the End-to-End Supply Chain organisation to define business requirements, develop the strategy and implement the solution for a world class inbound supply chain.
* Lead the development, alignment and implementation of a comprehensive Leg A strategy on a global basis with key stakeholders to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact financial results.
* Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
* Get endorsement/sponsorship for the strategy and targets from the Procurement leadership team and key supply chain stakeholders at global, regional and site level
* Support the End-to-End Logistics Partnership (E2E LP) Programme deployment team in the deployment phase with focus on improving cost, visibility and control of inbound raw and pack materials to support its manufacturing sites around the globe through the integration of inbound supply lanes to the Logistics Control Centre (LCC).
* Lead the roll out of the global incoterms policy within procurement
Supplier Relationship Management
* Lead the development and performance management of the supply base for inbound freight to ensure supply of materials on time and in full at lowest landed cost, to meet company requirements
* Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective solutions for inbound freight
* Participate in the development and execution of a Continuous Improvement strategy and project pipeline, in partnership with the E2E LP Operations team
* Lead and coach a team of ~3 buyers with remote reporting
Cross Functional Collaboration
* Work closely with E2E LP Programme Deployment and Operations teams to ensure a robust implementation plan is in place and is implemented rigorously in alignment with category teams and receiving sites
* Work closely with Production Procurement category & operations teams as well as peers in Logistics Procurement to drive the organisation around Leg A delivery & implementation plan
* Support change management of incoterms and processes through regular interaction with sites and raw & pack material suppliers
* Work closely with appointed external Logistics Partner to establish a robust commercial model and harmonised project delivery for inbound freight
* Develop Subject Matter Expertise within procurement on inbound freight, and support category teams on incoterms and rate negotiations with raw and pack material suppliers
* Resolution of second touch issues escalated from site(s) and/or project team
* Sharing of best practices across category teams and Production Procurement
* Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
* At least 5 years of relevant Supply Chain and/or Procurement experience required
* Knowledge of relevant global supply markets.
* Involving people in issues that affect them. Facilitating dialogue between team members so they understand the links between their different ideas and perspectives. Bringing team members into the discussion so they can contribute their ideas.
* Gaining the buy-in of others by showing the advantages, benefits and features of own solutions and ideas.
* Seeking to raise levels of performance by establishing an improvement process, or setting specific, measurable targets and goals linked to business needs.
* Project and Change management experience
* Taking a one-off, specific action to raise value to customers by meeting a specific customer request or solving an immediate customer problem. Good verbal and written communication skills
If you can relate to the above skills and experience and are interested in working with a truly world class organisation, please get in touch with your CV!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job