The role of the Commodity Manager is to develop and implement regional and global sourcing strategies for raw materials.
Blue chip FMCG organisation based in Northamptonshire.
- Develop and submit regional / global commodity sourcing strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-category commodity teams to achieve material cost reduction targets, while maintaining supply reliability and delivery of the required innovation plan.
- Ensure the timely negotiation of all agreements including, but not limited to, Strategic Sourcing Agreements
- Serve as the lead in all mediation and problem resolution relating to suppliers, timelines, and interpretation of contracts/agreements.
- Lead the review, coordination, and administration of local long-term purchase contracts.
- Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify new materials to be strategically sourced.
- Execute early supplier selection to support the product development cycle.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new technologies in new markets as business requirements dictate.
- Support the supplier management process, supplier selection, supplier rating, supplier development, supplier reduction and supplier performance evaluation.
- Bachelors Degree - minimum requirement.
- 4 to 8 years' professional experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in FMCG will be an asset.
- Skilled in all Procurement process disciplines.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Working knowledge of specific commodities and spend categories.
- Working knowledge of e-procurement processes and systems.
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Fluent English.
£50,000 - £60,000
Car allowance - £370 per month
Bonus - up to 10%
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Private medical insurance
Life assurance 3x annual salary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job