Nigel Wright's Supply Chain and Procurement Team are working with a well-established Manufacturer to recruit a Commodity Buyer.
Role will enable a blend of office and home-based working.
Working within a collaborative team and reporting into the Head of Purchasing, your key remit will be the strategic management of set commodities.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Commercial market analysis and benchmarking
- Supplier contract/cost negotiations, -performance management and -development - focus upon quality, delivery and value add opportunities
- Commercial issue resolution, price management and risk mitigation
- Supplier re-sourcing and onboarding as required
- Supporting broader Purchasing Team as required
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Proven purchasing experience and commodity management experience - ideally from within high volume manufacturing or engineering
- Excellent negotiator who is ???commercially astute
- Proven track record in delivering cost down activity with a strong understanding of cost drivers/levers
- Highly analytical and 'numbers'-driven, detail-focused
- Assertive and self-sufficient, confident decision maker with excellent communication skills
- Creative problem solver with a passion for continuous improvement and delivering Purchasing best practice
- Energetic - accustomed to working at pace in a deadline-driven environment
- Flexible, accountable and adaptable team player
- Willing to travel mainly UK x 2-3 p.a. (when permissible)
For further details of this attractive opportunity within a well respected business, please get in contact with a copy of your current CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'