An interesting and unique position has become available working with a very important internationally based company who are globally recognised for being at the forefront of their field. This is a unique opportunity to join an international brand who supply over 80 original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) globally and who are in turn respected for the products they supply to the international market.
As Buyer your role will encompass the following:
To procure a defined range of components, in line with Procurement departmental procedures and objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from our suppliers.
Main Function / Purpose of Job
* Responsible for all operational and advanced purchasing activities within the given sub-commodity while ensuring compliance with overall Company - and Purchasing objectives, strategies, and procedures.
* Responsible for the management of all suppliers within the sub-commodity group
* Help achieving all commercial and timing objectives of the Company within a nominated sub-commodity group.
* Provide best service to the business through sound knowledge of his/her commodity combined with strong understanding of local and global market conditions
* Pre-source all parts in the commodity group within the agreed quality, timing and cost targets, in accordance with Company rules & procedures
* Management of suppliers within the nominated sub-commodity, including but not limited to change management, RFQ's, contract negotiations, payment term agreements queries, dispute resolutions, frame contracts, supply agreements, Support installation of quality agreements and other contractual agreements.
* Generate best-in-class suppliers support
* Establish and follow purchasing commodity strategies in line with overall company strategies
* Achieve and report MPV targets and actions within the sub-commodity by cooperating with suppliers and Company plant purchasing, following the forecasted actions in the Company purchasing cost trackers
* Perform purchasing cost- and price analysis and drive VA/VE activities at suppliers
* Support of objective Make vs. Buy decisions
* Help plant purchasing to ensure the accuracy of system prices records
* Support efforts to rationalise the supply base and to reduce the total number of approved suppliers down to 300 suppliers in total for Europe
* Reinforce all Install & drive LCC activities within his/her sub-commodity with total cost of owner ship view.
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable)
* Educated to a commercial or technical degree or comparable education
* Minimum 5 years purchasing of production materials
Commodity purchasing experience is a distinct advantage for this position
Sound knowledge of purchasing practices and techniques
Competence in business tools: PC (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP
Fluent English and ideally other European language skills
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Darbyshire on or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job