Commodity Buyer - Electronics
The primary function of this role is to determine the sourcing strategies and identify opportunities to gain leverage in the market place for the assigned commodities within the region. This position is the leader and knowledge expert for the assigned commodities in their region. Identify, evaluate and recommend suppliers within the respective region. Manage supplier relationships and the supply base (performance follow-up, risk management, claims and contract management)
!!Must have Electronics commodity purchasing experience!!
- Negotiate and define purchase order allocation among the various suppliers (vendor splits) in conjunction with the global purchasing strategy.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare bid awards and obtain approvals per the delegation of authority.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Maintain systems with data updates, ensuring accuracy of key supplier information.
- Support the operations team in ensuring that Suppliers meet obligations in term of responsibilities, performance and priorities to ensure un-disturbed production.
- Where escalation is required to achieve supplier performance, conduct this in an exhaustive fashion.
- Any other duties reasonably allocated by the Purchasing manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Raw material knowledge, production processes, quality control and costings
- Minimum 5 years Purchasing Experience.
- Professional membership of CIPS preferred.
- Analytical Thinker with excellent negotiation preparation and execution skills - this should be illustrated with a proven track record
- Full UK Driving License and flexibility to travel when required.
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Salary up to £36,000 + Company Benefits
- Hours: Mon-Fri 08:00-16:30
- Engineering Material Experience Required