- Leeds Factory
- 6 months’
- Up to £38,687 per annum (£19.84 per hour)
- Hours of Work: Monday - Friday = 37.5 hours per week (may be a requirement on a very occasional basis to work a weekend day or overtime)
- Start Date: ASAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip FMCG company, is currently seeking a Commissioning Technician.
Ideally looking for someone with packaging machinery or process equipment experience.
This role is commissioning new equipment or modification to existing equipment onsite.
It might be a full machine or a piece of equipment to add to an existing machine.
Someone from a high-speed manufacturing area would be a good fit. Someone working in a factory environment doing commissioning work is very similar - Not looking for someone with a chemical background.
Background/General Purpose of Position:
• Managing resources and downtime associated with the commissioning of projects
• Managing dedicated commissioning resource to ensure all checks / documentation / training is completed for projects
• Reviewing and updating procedures
• Training of procedures
• Participation in scoping of / specification of projects at initial design stage
• Maintaining and compiling Snagging lists for equipment, leading action ownership for close out of snags
• Development of technical documentation for equipment allowing handover of installed items to operational teams
• Support of trialling of new equipment after install and documentation of issues encountered in the form of trial reports
Expected Work / Scope of Role
This role will cover all areas within the SU – Warehousing / Packing / Process department / Tank farm.
SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
• Ensure that all commissioning activities are fully risk assessed and carried out safely.
• Give visible leadership across site with the application of good behavioural and process safety principles in all activities.
• Understand and enforce site safety policies & rules.
• Ensure the safe behaviour of personnel when visiting suppliers’ premises to view / test new equipment.
• Ensure that commissioned equipment produces finished packs to quality specifications.
• Development of Q specifications in conjunction with quality team in early stages of project – to ensure objectives are met.
PEOPLE – TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
• Lead the training of new equipment to operators, craft, Area Leaders and other personnel connected with the equipment.
• Develop training packages to suit operators / craft / temporary labour. Document and record attendance of training.
• Downtime for commissioning works.
• Downtime for training.
• Time required at suppliers for full testing as per site procedures.
• Support management of change activities including -
Updating SOP’s / SMP’s and other procedures
Authorisation / management of MoC system
Training / familiarisation of site engineers with requirements for commissioning within the MoC system.
Management / update / review of Technical change procedure.
Typical work timescales will be in the range of up to 12 months
The Commissioning Leader will be expected to work closely with the following;
• Project Engineers- to ensure good handover of projects from installation to commissioning and the implementation of Early Equipment Management.
• Project Customers (Operations and Operational Support Unit) - to ensure good handover of the new commissioned equipment.
• Operations Team- maintain good contact with the operations team to ensure that skill and knowledge level of the operation is up-to-date
Key Experience and Qualifications Required
HNC or equivalent experience.
Experience in people management and Engineering skills.
WCM / TPM / CI experience advantageous.
This role would give good exposure to engineering, project management, organisational
awareness, strategic influencing and training and development of self and others.
• WCM – Work Class Manufacturing
• TPM – Total Productivity Management
• CI – Continuous Improvement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'