Search Consultancy Ltd is currently working with a Merseyside Local Authority and we currently have a vacancy for Commissioning Manager. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible until at least the end of July 2018 and is paying up to £27.80 per hour.
Main Purpose of Post:
To work closely with colleagues across the adult provider services management team and wider partners to review the council's adult provider services, ensuring the outcome of the review enables a range of preventative care and support services in line with the needs of the public, and with consideration of the priorities of the council and its partners.
- Using a commissioning methodology undertake a full review of identified adult social care provider services taking into account any dependencies of other services/projects and make recommendations for service change in accordance with local need as defined in strategies and in line with requirements of the Council.
- Ensure the service review delivers efficiencies in line with best value.
- Support the development of choice and control through commissioning activity
- Work effectively with other commissioning managers in the Council and the CCG to design services that improve the health and well being of local citizens.
- Ensure that all strategy and project deadlines are achieved and that project outcomes accord with specified requirements.
- Promote the independence of children and adults as a fundamental aspect of service delivery.
- Maintain and develop a strong user and carer focus in the planning and delivery and evaluation of services.
- Review and make recommendations for the interface between children, adolescent, adults and older people's services to ensure a smooth pathway of care for individuals.
- Review and make recommendations on new service specifications and subsequent service level agreements and contracts, ensuring service provision is fit for purpose and relevant documentation reflects service and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure systems are in place to meet information requirements at both a national and local level and to inform service developments and re-design.
- Review and make recommendations on the development and implementation of a performance management framework that encompasses the key drivers of performance, quality and value for money.
- Utilise the commissioning process to ensure services are delivered in line with clinical and corporate governance agendas and meet the requirements of the Council and its partners.
- To ensure all Council and CCG Standing Orders and Financial Regulations are upheld.
- Manage project budgets ensuring appropriate accounting and reporting mechanisms are in place, attracting other sources of funding and additional financial resources where required through liaison with relevant agencies and departments.
- Prepare reports and reviews for the Corporate Management Team, CCG Governing Body, Cabinet and the Health and Wellbeing Board, as requested
- Model culture change and promote communication that is clear, effective and transparent at all levels, both inside and outside of the Council and CCG.
- Ensure that the diverse needs of the community are reflected within all key strategies and in proposals for service improvements, particularly hard-to-reach groups.
- Ensure engagement in the review process of key stakeholders, identifying the need for conferences, workshops and other engagement activities, responding to enquiries and providing reports.
- Research, develop and present proposals for new service developments.
- Maintain effective contacts with regional and national networks to share best practice.
- Experience of carrying out commissioning reviews.
- Knowledge and experience of service modernisation of adult social care provider services including day provision, respite, supported living and shared lives.
- Ability to communicate and engage, in a variety of ways with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to use software to create reports, presentations, data management systems etc.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex commissioning issues, information and data to inform the commissioning process.
- Experience of project management and able to deliver complex projects on time.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills.
- Excellent budgetary and financial management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience of managing people.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to drive and hold a full driving licence or equivalent.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Catherine Yates at the Manchester office of Search Consultancy.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job