Salary: Competitive - Depending on Experience
About the company:
Our client is an award-winning literature recommendation service and is looking for a Commissioning Editor to liaise with top-level research scientists in biology, medicine, physics and psychology.
About the Commissioning Editor role:
The role will be based in their central London office and will involve engaging with internationally renowned scientists by email and telephone to commission new content for the service. The successful candidate will be educated to at least graduate level - a background in a science discipline would be beneficial but is not essential - and will have a natural ability to communicate concepts clearly and enthusiastically.
They should be an organised self-starter, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, show a high level of accuracy in their work, demonstrate an ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise their work on an independent basis.
Prior experience of scientific research and/or scientific publishing is highly desirable but candidates with experience of roles that require strong interpersonal skills will also be considered.
Duties of the Commissioning Editor:
- Build and run the authorship of the service.
- Negotiate submission schedules with world-renowned scientists by phone and email.
- Assist authors with the submission process.
Requirements of the Commissioning Editor:
- Science graduate (life-sciences, biomedical science, psychology or physics) or prior experience of publishing
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoys interacting with people
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Diplomacy/negotiation skills
- Computer skills essential - especially Internet searching
- Pro-active, resourceful and a good team player
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
- Ability to multi-task
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Commissioning Editor role is right for you then please apply today with your CV and attached Covering Letter explaining why you’d be right for this role and detailing your salary expectations!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"