Location: London, W1T
About our client:
Our client is the award-winning literature recommendation service for the Medical and Life Sciences communities and is looking for a Commissioning Editor to liaise with top-level research scientists, medics and clinicians.
The Commissioning Editorrole
The role will be based in their central London office and will involve engaging with internationally renowned scientists and medics by email and telephone to commission new content for the service.
- Build and run the authorship of one or more of the subject areas covered by F1000Prime.
- Negotiate submission schedules with world-renowned scientists by phone and email.
- Assist authors with the submission process.
The idealCommissioning Editor will need the following skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be educated to at least graduate level - a background in a life-science, biomedical science or physics discipline would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Science graduate (life-sciences, biomedical science or physics) or prior experience of science publishing
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoys interacting with people
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Diplomacy/negotiation skills
- Computer skills essential - especially Internet searching
- Pro-active, resourceful and a good team player
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
- Ability to multi-task
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Commissioning Editor role is right for you then please apply today with your CV and a Covering Letter detailing why you believe that you’d be right for the job as well as stating your salary expectations!
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.