Tired of unsociable hours? Are you looking for a job where you can develop and grow in your role? Do you want to combine your passion for food with the ability to making a real difference to the lives of our residents? Is being valued for what you do important?
About the role.
As the Commis Chef within a Signature kitchen you are on the first rung of the ladder to becoming a great chef. You will be responsible for food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of the Chef de Partie. You will rotate areas of work such as vegetables, fish and meat, and sauces, usually on a six-month rotation programme.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Support all chefs to manage and deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions. Additionally you will be able to contribute to the development and improvement of the Menu ensuring the best service for our residents is provided.
- Making sure dietary and nutritional needs are met for all in our care, enabling yourselves a chance to develop your knowledge of particular food requirements.
- Support cost-effective stock control systems to minimise waste and ensure these are in place.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Energetic, passionate and proactive attitude
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Experience of Working in a Kitchen
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand.These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is "delivering peace of mind", peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signature is also featured in the London Stock Exchange (LSE) 1000 companies to inspire Britain, an annual celebration of some of the fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized enterprises!
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let's get started!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job