Commis Chef - The Seafood Restaurant
Are you looking for the next step in your career as a Commis Chef? If so and you share our passion for great food we'd love to hear from you!
As a Commis Chef at The Seafood Restaurant you'll support the kitchen team with food preparation using fresh, high quality ingredients. You'll also have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills whilst working with our large team of chefs.
You'll be based at The Seafood Restaurant which opened in 1975 and has an international reputation for the very freshest fish and shellfish which is used to create Rick Stein's famous recipes.
The benefits you'll receive as a Commis Chef:
- A share of tips for restaurant, kitchen, reservations and housekeeping teams
- 20% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
- Full-time and part-time opportunities to suit your circumstances
- The opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme (until April 2018)
- The opportunity to work overtime on top of your normal working hours
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
Your responsibilities as a Commis Chef:
- Preparing food and working with quality ingredients
- Developing your understanding of the food being served by taking part in tastings
- Learning about stock rotation and rotating stock as required
- Working effectively with a team of chefs
- Working with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to monitor stock levels
- Continually pushing to improve your knowledge and skills
If you’d like to join us for the summer as a Commis Chef, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job