Who we are
Retallack is a five star luxury resort and spa in Cornwall, Set in 100 acres of peaceful lakes and Cornish countryside the resort has plenty going on and offers much more than your average holiday home. From indulging in dinner, to relaxing in the spa, working up a glow in the health club, having fun on the FlowRider or splashing around at the Retallack Wake and Aqua Park, we have it all.
Do you have a passion for great food?, Do you enjoy cooking exciting new dishes?
We are currently looking for Commis Chef's, Chef de Partie's and Sous Chef's to join our talented kitchen team on a seasonal basis.
You must be a dedicated and passionate individual who is keen to build their career in the hospitality industry, with the skills and passion to produce great fresh food, sourced from local Cornish produce.
Working in our brand new restaurant, The Lookout, you will work closely with the Sous and Head Chef to ensure that all dishes are cooked to our 5 star restaurant standards.
- To ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen
- To support the Duty Chef in the daily running of the kitchen
- To understand and maintain a detailed knowledge of The Lookout menu
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To be flexible, adaptable and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
- To assist the Sous Chef and Head Chef, with the development of new menus and dishes
- To assist with stock taking when required
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the kitchen at all times
- To ensure that all health and safety standards and procedures are adhered to at all times
- The successful candidate must have the ability to multitask and work efficiently, under pressure and to time constraints
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Should have experience of working with fresh produce in a busy commercial kitchen
- Discounted rates on leisure facilities, ESYA Spa, The Lookout restaurant and lounge, WakePark and Flowrider
- 21 days holidays entitlement + bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Competitive salary
- Offers are subject to suitable references
- Due to location, the successful candidate should be a driver with their own transport
- Seasonal position - until the end of September
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job