Commercial Vehicle Parts Advisor
c£27K per annum
Our client’s commercial vehicle hire business has been established for over half a century, it is a family run business that employs around 160 people across 6 depots, each with fully equipped maintenance workshops in the North/South-West of England. The company has been awarded with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 accreditations - adding to their continued commitment to providing a quality service to both customers and employees.
From these depots they operate in excess of 1750 vehicles (of which 900 are above 3.5 tons).
Only apply if you have the relevant experience working within a Heavy or Light Commercial Vehicle Parts Department
We are looking for someone who:
- Spends half of their working time dealing with Commercial Vehicle parts within their current role
- Is confident in their knowledge of Commercial Vehicles
- Has a genuine interest in commercial vehicles, and ideally a background in working within a parts department for Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV or LGV) but Light Commercial vehicles is acceptable
- Is confident in dealing with customers both on the phone and face to face
- Is computer literate
- Is an excellent communicator
- Has the ability to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high standards of work are carried out right first time
- Is patient and has the ability to build a rapport with customers and other members of staff
- Is able to help with trouble-shooting and identifying the various problems that may occur with their fleet of trucks
- Will take full responsibility for their sales, process all paperwork accurately and manage any returns/collections which are surcharged, effectively.
Duties will include:
- Creating Order Numbers
- Receiving and recording of parts
- Matching of invoices to orders
- Matching prices on invoice against manufacturers/suppliers price file on local intranet
- Returning parts to supplier if not fitted to vehicle and complete GRNs
- Work with supplier representative in maintenance and profile of impress stocks
Maintain regular stock cleanse of 'owned’ parts
- Ensure all parts are labelled
- Agree with suppliers regular stock check frequency
- Carry out annual stock checks
- Create/Maintain company spreadsheet of all 'owned’ stock
- Update LCVH Database of owned stock when part used or added
- Hours of work: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Friday plus 1 in 3 Saturday mornings 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service)
- Life Insurance 2 x annual salary (after qualifying period)
- Free parking
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful applications. Please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion if you have not heard from us within 10 working days.
Please note due that to the current situation regarding COVID-19 and the required social distancing measures, at present no interviews are currently taking place until further notice. We are however still continuing to progress applications for suitable candidates and interviews will be arranged in due course.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'