The basic salary is up to £30,000 plus monthly bonus (up to £1000) and benefits.
The role of the Commercial Underwriter is to assess the risk, accurately underwrite and mandate commercial loan applications.
This position is best suited to self-motivated individuals, who think outside the box and thrive in collaborative and fast paced environments.
• To ensure that all new business is reviewed within the agreed service levels and according to agreed mandate levels, KPIs, policies and procedures
• To undertake credit searches and affordability assessments, review valuations, and other supporting documentation as required
• To minimise the risk of fraud to the business and the applicant
• To proactively manage a pipeline of cases
• To provide brokers and customers with accurate case updates at all points in the process
• To provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
Skills & Experience:
• Previous underwriting experience in a commercial loan environment is preferable
• Experience of dealing with brokers and third parties
• GCSE (minimum Maths and English A-C)
• PC skills including MS Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to targets
• Strong planning and problem solving skills
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK's best 100 mid-size companies to work for. We went straight into the top 40, ranking at an impressive 34 in the UK and making the top ten in the North West.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job