Commercial Insurance - Trading Underwriter - Bournemouth - Permanent
A successful underwriting agency based in the Bournemouth area is currently looking to expand its team with a new role for a commercial underwriter.
The underwriting agency work with brokers up and down the UK with an online underwriting platform that provides a wide range of commercial insurance policies from package to specialist covers. This position will provide support to those brokers whose online enquiry needs to be handled under referral due to criteria requests being outside the underwriting guidelines.
The position will provide underwriting and operational support to the Underwriting Director and Development Director. You will lead with underwriting in particular commercial combined and provide a professional and comprehensive underwriting and administration service within the business with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority in line with strategy
- Plan prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA's to deliver exceptional service
- Liaise with brokers on a daily basis building strong relationships and following up brokers for information requirements
- Carry out renewals including tracking incomplete entries, premium income and outstanding submissions
- Interact with underwriting support functions
You should apply for this position if you have existing trading commercial underwriter experience or have 3 to 4 years experience in property and/or liability underwriting. Those working towards ACII or CIP will have an advantage. Needed are strong verbal communication skills, exceptional customer service skills and strong IT skills.
Good overall package that includes a company performance annual bonus as a percentage of salary, death in service, 23 days holiday, pension, health cover.
- Commercial Insurance
- Commercial Combined
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job