A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Commercial Underwriter to work for our client based in Poole, Dorset!
Location: Poole, Dorset!
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (1 hour for lunch)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience
Job role and responsibilities:
- To ensure that all New Business, Renewals and Mid Term Adjustments documents are processed accurately, in a timely manner, within laid down pricing levels and meet our risk selection criteria.
- Ensure that pricing, eligibility and terms for risks meet business plan objectives.
- Provide efficient, professional and technically accurate documentation to enable the underwriting and retention of profitable business is in line with strategic and operational plans.
- Refer larger and more complex cases to your Line Manager where appropriate.
- Assist in maximising team efficiency, underwriting profitability and compliance within laid-down underwriting rules and strategy.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all Broker contact and ensure the delivery of high quality service, appropriate to needs of Brokers and Insurers alike.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure that business needs are achieved.
Skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised
- Proficient in Excel
- 3 years Commercial Property and Liability underwriting experience from either an Insurer or Broker/ MGA background.
- Ability to issue accurate documentation, handle risk referrals, negotiate with Brokers, review survey reports and set risk improvements.
- Carry out claims analysis and set terms accordingly.
- Must be hard working, able to work as part of a team and able to deliver to deadlines.
- Decisive, confident and open minded individual
Our aim is to respond to your application within 48 hours. However, due to high volumes of candidates applying for positions, please assume that if we have not contacted you within 48 hours you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will keep your details and contact you should a more suitable position become available.
Don't delay; call, click or come in today! Find success with SOS!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job