WHO ARE WE?
Recruiting for the modern workplace requires a different approach. As businesses evolve to cope with the changing and disruptive economy, it has never been more important to ensure they recruit and develop the right people to drive their businesses forward.
We’re leaders in results-driven recruitment, training, and development: trail-blazing the industry with a fresh approach to building their workforce. We don’t believe that recruitment, training or development should be looked at in isolation. We take a diagnostic approach to the individual organisation to truly understand each role we are recruiting for and find the root cause of the problem; sometimes the surface issue is actually a symptom of another undiscovered issue. We look to solve these problems once and for all, and reduce the total cost of ownership along the way. You might call this good business practice and commercial sense - we agree, and it's what we call 'The Discovery Way'.
We have grown exponentially from our humble beginnings in graduate recruitment to become well recognised for exceptional results, efficiencies and service delivery across entry level and executive hires; both domestically and internationally. We are particularly strong in the food, manufacturing and engineering sectors.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Over the last 18 years we have built a reputation as a business clearly defined by the commitment to excellence and the results we deliver. We are a values driven business where hard work and integrity is recognised and rewarded. Every single member of the team plays a massively important part in our success.
We are passionate about seeing people flourish at all points in their career and we hold an unswerving belief that companies are better when they develop their people.
We have developed a unique recruitment and development process that boastsa higher retention rate of hires over a five year period than the industry average.
As with most businesses, the entrepreneurial heart of the business starts with the founding members and with this follows the requirement to bolster the team with 'like-minded’ achievers. Our future successes and growth will come from building an exceptional team, which is where the role of a highly talented Commercial Trainee comes in.
This 18-month commercial programme is designed to deliver highly competent new business development professionals. They will be able to drive our business forward by identifying forward-thinking companies with whom we will establish long lasting relationships.
If you are successful, you can expect to spend your time developing core skills culminating in you achieving your well-earned place as a highly-competent sales professional. Depending on performance, there may be the opportunity to be fast tracked in to a Senior Consultants role.
During the programme, trainees will undertake a blended approach of classroom and on-the-job training. You will be assessed for competence at every stage to ensure your success, and you will receive regular feedback, support, coaching and mentoring throughout.
You will spend time understanding our portfolio of solutions and how we make a for our clients. You will work alongside marketing, operations and sales to develop these skills.
OUR IDEAL PERSON
Education, Competencies and Aptitude:
• Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:1.
• Be highly articulate and possess strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Possess the personal drive and ambition to achieve the best results for our clients, our colleagues and the company.
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to present with confidence and contribute to discussions with the senior team.
• Ability and confidence to make decisions.
• Self-awareness and awareness of others.
• Possess excellent organisational, team working, leadership and communication skills, whilst motivating and encouraging other team members.
• Possesses and uses initiative.
• Copes well under pressure with change and adversity.
• Mature and balanced - commercially mature and 'streetwise’.
• Possess a willingness and ambition for additional training.
• Well presented - very smart and aware of the importance of image and personal brand.
• Be flexible, adaptable, reliable and wholly committed to doing the best job possible.
• Live within commutable distance to Birmingham or be willing to relocate.
• Full UK driving license.
Does that sound like you? We would like to hear from you if you are looking for an exciting opportunity to further develop your career, as we may well be the company to be able to support this.
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, monthly breakfast buddy meetings, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with! We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job