Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 basic plus bonus
Skills: Insurance, broker, commercial, fleet, motor, research, objectives, development, construction, contractor, Sales, business development, new business, Team Leader, Supervisor
Hours: 8.55am - 5.30pm
About the Company
Our client is an independent, family run, market leading commercial motor insurance brokerage. With an expertise in insuring things with wheels they have a track record of establishing niche markets and looking to move forward in a strategic manner. They have arranged high quality cover and provided intelligent insurance solutions to the professional commercial motorists of the U.K. for over 25 years.
What will your working week be like?
Maintain existing book of commercial business, oversee a team of Commercial Account Handlers and assist Commercial Manager when required.
Suitable candidates will be:
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your manager.
- To be responsible for the coordination and organisation of the day to day work of the team and continually monitor progress.
- Ensure customer service enquiries are dealt with in accordance with agreed service levels, including renewals, MTA’s and administration.
- Deal with complaints in the first instance accordance with the complaints procedure, escalating these when necessary.
- Challenge current methods of service and delivery and recommend improvements.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the team in terms of standards and service, and make the necessary adjustments.
- Ensure that team members achieve the required key performance indicators and identify training needs.
- Coach team members where necessary, enabling them to improve their skills and performance.
- Be available to support the team as the main point of reference in regards to existing business and in the absence of the Commercial Manager.
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team targets.
- Administer and renew book of commercial business.
- Assist with implementation of new departmental projects and testing of IT integrations.
- Monitor market conditions and report any changes to the Commercial Manager.
- Attend and host team and staff meetings as and when required.
- Carry out monthly performance reviews with the team.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in setting and achieving monthly targets.
Who will suit this role?
- Experience of working at management level within Insurance.
- Maintain professionalism and be able to lead by example.
- Display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
- Maintain good working relationships with insurers and other external service providers.
- Confident in motivating and dealing with team members and organising workload, promoting a positive attitude and teamwork.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial insurance products and insurer schemes.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Insurance, broker, commercial, fleet, motor, research, objectives, development, construction, contractor, Sales, business development, new business
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.