Commercial Tax Manager - to £80,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with one of the world’s most highly recognisable brands who have various autonomous divisions across the UK & Internationally. One of the UK divisions is embarking on expansion across Europe, and are now looking to recruit a Tax Manager who can provide commercial tax advice to the business units and be responsible for all aspects of tax compliance for the group. Reporting to the Finance Director, key duties include:
• Developing a departmental plan for the Tax Centre of Excellence.
• Innovating ways to develop an engaged tax forum across the group to act as a platform for mitigating tax compliance risks
• Acting as a source of research and critical analysis when reviewing group tax structures for tax efficiency and making recommendations to improve the position.
• Advising stakeholders regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies and impact of new laws on tax liabilities.
• Building strategic relationships with the overseas parent company and other group tax teams
• Preparing/filing all corporation tax computations
• Preparing all tax estimates & disclosures for statutory accounts purposes
• Reviewing the Group’s VAT partial exemption position and assessing whether improvements can be made.
• Preparing P11Ds and reviewing/maintaining appropriate P11D dispensations
• Co-ordinating VAT audits and taking appropriate action (including training, system improvements and disclosure of any errors to HMRC).
• Maintaining the risk register for the Group Tax department.
• Ensuring compliance with all legislation which relates to data protection, money laundering and treating the customer fairly; attending update training as required.
To be considered for the role you should be a Qualified Accountant and/or Tax Specialist (ACA/ACCA/CTA Qualified for example) with detailed knowledge of IFRS and UK tax legislation. You should be able to multi-task, have good administrative, organisational, planning/prioritisation skills and an ability to acquire knowledge and grasp new concepts quickly. You should be able to clearly present complex financial information and concepts to non-technical parties, have the ability to develop and lead a team and be logical and pragmatic in your approach to problem solving. Experience in preparing corporate tax & VAT returns in a group environment is required, and a working knowledge of Oracle Financials would be a distinct advantage.
On offer is a base salary to £80,000 + car allowance + 25% bonus and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Corporate Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Tax Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job