An exciting opportunity to develop commercial arrangements for Deloitte Consulting’s largest and most complex deals, with our most important clients. Working with the client service team and the PCoE team (including a pursuit coach, lead, writer, and designer), you will help win business and enhance margin through smart pricing, commercial solutions, and negotiation expertise. You will be engaged in a diverse range of commercial challenges; from bids, enhancing profitability on key accounts and framework rate card negotiations, through to advising on commercial propositions for new services and being the commercial "knowledgebase" for the Consulting business.
Delivering the best possible service for our clients is everyone’s job - not just the role of our team members working on client site. From creating innovative technological solutions to bringing together the right people and capabilities in diverse teams, the opportunities to develop your career behind the scenes here, working within an inclusive culture, are both huge and diverse.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that?allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with?some flexibility, please do discuss with?us. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that?allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with?some flexibility, please do discuss with?us.
Deloitte has established a clear vision to become the undisputed leader in professional services. The Commercial Strategist will help win deals and improve profitability through compelling pricing and commercial propositions for our clients. This individual will provide expert advice on all commercial aspects of the firm’s client proposals, with a primary focus on higher value, more complex deals, and the firm’s most important clients.
A major part of your role is to respond to our clients’ requirements and challenges by providing commercial solutions that our clients value. You will work closely with the Partners and Directors for our major accounts to shape commercials arrangements both for individual engagements and when negotiating rate cards and commercial incentives at a client account level. The Commercial Strategist will also be responsible for gathering information regarding the competitiveness of the Deloitte offering and understanding the latest trends in our competitor’s approaches.
The Commercial Strategist is a part of the Commercial Excellence team supporting the Consulting business on the highest priority deals, providing a tailored bid support service, with commercial support being a key aspect of the service provided. Many of our larger deals and framework negotiations also involve working with Deloitte member firms in other countries on complex, multi-year negotiations with global clients, providing a diverse geographical aspect to the role.
The team operates across all industries, with a focus on building relationships, knowledge and insights regarding the different commercial environment each industry presents. The team also provides advice and support on the pricing and commercials for new products, services or solutions developed by Deloitte.
The core responsibilities of your role include:
- Leading the development of the pricing and commercial propositions for bids and proposals, demonstrating the greatest value to clients and enhancing Deloitte margin with the aim of winning more deals.
- Directly negotiating the more complex and challenging commercial arrangements with our clients for both account level framework arrangements and specific bids and opportunities.
- Helping account teams to design and implement commercial strategies to enhance profitability and grow revenues for Deloitte’s most important clients.
- Providing expert insight on how to best engage with client procurement teams and procurement processes.
- Supporting the development of commercial expertise across the firm through knowledge sharing, guidance and best practice deployed by the team.
- Keeping abreast of industry pricing and commercial trends.
- Providing new ideas on value adding commercial activities for Deloitte.
- Liaising with the wider Global Commercial Community across the firm.
- Contributing to a high performing team and bringing ideas to shape how the Commercial team plays its part in driving business success.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you
Location: UK - Remote with travel to major client or firm locations (London)
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Degree educated, preferably in Finance, Economics, or related business discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of structuring and negotiating different pricing arrangements as well as the key components of a deal that can enhance profitability.
- Experience working in a senior commercial role with 'deal shaping’ expertise for complex commercial opportunities in a professional services context.
- Excellent commercial negotiation skills and experience for both individual deals and framework agreements (e.g. account level rate cards) for client accounts.
- Experience with writing commercial terms for inclusion in contractual documentation.
- Numerate, competent in the use of excel.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'