Premiere Personnel are currently recruiting for the role of Vehicle Painter on behalf of one of Manchester-based clients.
The Role will predominantly be to paint commercial vehicles and individual parts.
- To prepare surfaces to be painted if required.
- Inspect the standard of the surface to be painted before painting.
- Mask up as required.
- Inform the storeperson/manager of supplies required in good time.
- Paint and prime to correct specifications.
- Obtain information about specific paint application if necessary.
- Check your work. Work to high standards.
- Keep equipment in clean and good working order. Report any faults immediately.
- Use paint, thinners and supplies responsibly and cost effectively.
- Ensure that containers are stored correctly, that lids are replaced immediately after use whether the container holds paint or is empty.
- Use up old containers and be efficient in stock control.
- Dispose of waste material appropriately.
- Wear the appropriate mask for the job. Keep yourself safe at all times. Always wear the correct PPE.
- The paint booth is loud and you need to wear ear plugs when the fans are in operation.
- All efforts must be made to keep your work area clean and tidy.
- Nothing electrical is to be used when there is the possibility of paint and other fumes.
- Sue will inform you of the requirements of our Local Authority permit to paint. You will need to adhere to the conditions of this permit.
- Report directly with the manager.
- Liaise with preppers and shotblasters regarding the standard of the prep work.
- Work from the job card and keep it up-to-date.
- Report concerns as soon as possible to the manager.
- Be aware of your responsibility for your own Health and Safety and that of others.
- Assess H&S issues related to your job and speak to your manager/H&S manager before starting the job.
- Be aware of the time scale you are working under and speak with your manager if there are any problems.
- This is a non-exhaustive list of duties and you will be required to do anything reasonable that is asked of you.
£12 - £14 + dependant on experience.
Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00
If you are a Commercial Spray Painter, worked with HGVs and have the relevant experience for this position, please forward your CV to the Premiere Personnel Recruitment Team.
Premiere Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Premiere Personnel Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.