We are looking for an experienced IT/data protection commercial lawyer to join our Legal & Compliance team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented lawyer to join growing innovative digital marketing communications business forming part of the FTSE250Equiniti Group PLC. The role will involve:
- Providing legal advice and support on a range of IT, data protection, cyber security, e-commerce and communications issues.
- Advising on and drafting a range of commercial agreements for data and digital marketing communications products and services, as well as cyber security products and services, including bespoke agreements for new products and services.
- Advice and support on general in-house and operational queries.
- Advising on compliance issues including data protection compliance and compliance with Financial Conduct Authority regulations.
- Responding to data subject access requests.
Experience and Skills Required
- At least 2 years PQE in-house or private practice.
- Experience of software licensing, and/or IT and communications systems, and/or digital support services agreements and/or privacy policies and fair processing notices.
- Experience of cyber security, e-commerce, web hosting and development.
- Commercial contracts.
- Corporate due diligence particularly in relation to data protection, IP rights, IT.
- Data protection law including GDPR.
- A proactive, flexible and innovative attitude.
- A commercial approach to legal and compliance issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Show competence and confidence in dealing with large corporate clients.
- Strong communication skills, both in internal communications with colleagues and externally with members of the public.
- Proficiency in word, document creation including forms and drop-down menus.
- Commercial Litigation
- Legal Documents
- Legal Compliance