Dains Accountants are urgently looking for a Semi-Senior Accountant to join our Commercial Services team in Stoke.
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent. Our services include accountancy, audit, business recovery, forensic accounting, insolvency, corporate finance and tax advice.
The location for this role will be Stoke, but you will need to travel to other offices and clients’ premises as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under instructions of members of the Commercial Services West Midlands team, whether directly for a Partner, Manager or Supervisor
- Working on cloud conversions for a wide variety of businesses preparing them for the introduction of the HMRC initiative, MTD for VAT
- Face-to-face contact with the clients to assess their system requirements
- Attending client meetings with the Supervisor, Manager or Partner to plan conversion projects
- Broadening your product knowledge of cloud systems and find innovative solutions using the emerging technologies
- Processing of VAT returns / bookkeeping & management accounts / statutory accounts
- Development and delivery of advisory services using cloud software (Spotlight / Futrli / Fluidly)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage confidently with clients
- Competent on Word, Excel and the ability to learn how to use cloud based accounting packages (Xero / Sage Business Cloud / QuickBooks )
- Analytical and innovative approach to problem solving
- Organised and capable of working on multiple conversions at any given time
This role is suitable for someone who is AAT part qualified / qualified with a minimum of 12 months experience in practice. Training opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
- 25 days annual leave (plus normal statutory bank holidays)
- Study Support - AAT/ACCA
- Buying and selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Regular reviews and training
- Staff rewards scheme
- Smart working hours
- Flexible working hours
- Group staff pension scheme
- Death in service of 4 times salary
- Volunteer days
- Refer a friend / client
- Wellbeing refreshments
- Chartered Accountants
- Part Qualified
- Study Support
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'