This is a fantastic chance to join an expanding team at a commercial insurance broker based in Redhill. It is a new role and therefore you will have an opportunity to make your mark!
This role is suited to a strong team player who is confident and capable at communicating with colleagues at all levels. The successful applicant will deal with quotations generated by the marketing department in the main but some self-lead generation will be required at times. A proactive approach to sales is required.
- Previous experience in new business sales in Fleet and Construction / Contractors insurances (Ideally minimum of 4/5 years).
- Ability to demonstrate significant business sales experience with proven results against revenue/margin targets.
- Ability to recognise sales opportunities, create and develop a healthy mix of pipeline through a strategic and targeted approach.
- A strong work ethic with good organisational skills.
- Customer focused with a track record of consistently over achieving on targets.
- Achieve all individual sales KPI targets set by the company, whilst managing customer and team expectations.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Confident and able to conduct on site client visits/insurance reviews with a basic knowledge of Risk Management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven desire to update product knowledge and skill set.
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act.
- Professional approach to all aspects of business both internally and externally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quotations and sell policies to clients.
- Achieving the monthly sales targets.
- Assisting the team in completing objectives including monthly sales targets
- Day to day account handling and administration (New Business Only).
- Strong ability to deal with Target driven New Business Sales.
- Able to demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver consistent customer service in line with 'best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- Actively follow company policies (including Data Protection, Health & Safety & Equal Opportunities).
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your Manager/Team Leader.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and computer files.
- Maintain professionalism and a good level of personal presentation.
- Commercial Insurance
- Motor Fleet