Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 basic OTE upto £35,000
Skills: Insurance, broker, commercial, fleet, motor, research, objectives, development, construction, contractor, Sales, business development, new business
Hours: 8.55am - 5.30pm
About the Company
Our client is an independent, family run, market leading commercial motor insurance brokerage. With an expertise in insuring things with wheels they have a track record of establishing niche markets and looking to move forward in a strategic manner. They have arranged high quality cover and provided intelligent insurance solutions to the professional commercial motorists of the U.K. for over 25 years.
What will your working week be like?
The role is focused purely on new business accounts and is suited to a strong team player who is a confident and capable communicator at all levels. You will be dealing with quotations generated by the marketing department, Online Lead Generation sites helping the business on the next stage of its journey; taking details, auditing client’s acceptability, pricing and closing the sale. You are expected to act as part of the team and as such your role may occasionally be altered to help others complete their duties.
Suitable candidates will be:
- Provide quotations and sell policies to clients
- Achieving the monthly sales targets
- Day to day account handling and administration
- Strong ability to deal with Target driven New Business Sales
- Able to demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver consistent customer service in line with 'best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies compliance
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, right through to a successful outcome.
- Actively follow company policies (including Date Protection, Health & Safety, & Equal Opportunities).
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your Manager/Team Leader/management.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and computer files.
- Maintain professionalism and a good level of personal presentation
Who will suit this role?
- Previous experience within new business sales in Motor Fleet and Construction / Contractors insurances
- Ability to demonstrate significant business sales experience with proven results against revenue/margin targets.
- Ability to recognise opportunity, create, develop and action a healthy mix of pipeline through strategic opportunity and showing a consistent sales performance
- Strong verbal skills with focused and driven phone/desk based sales experience
- A strong work ethic with good organisational skills
- Customer focused with a track record of consistently over achieving on targets.
- Achieve all individual sales KPI targets set by the company, whilst managing customer and team expectations.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Strong team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven desire and enthusiasm to update product knowledge and skill set
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Insurance, broker, commercial, fleet, motor, research, objectives, development, construction, contractor, Sales, business development, new business
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- business development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job