Commercial Sales Consultant
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the key purpose of this role is to win and generate profitable sales of UK consumer data and digital engagement technologies.
- Identify and qualify profitable sales opportunities in appropriate markets and progress these through to successful conversion.
- Generate sales to achieve maximum profitability against annual sales targets.
- Manage client & prospect meetings to identify new sales opportunities. Follow up all meetings as required and within agreed timeframes.
- Contribute to the planning and supervision of the telesales team’s daily activity, the sole purpose of which is to generate warm leads for the Consultants.
- Take the lead on client pitch or tender proposals, collaborating with project managers and across different teams to progress a sale.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- Manage the introduction and handover of new clients into the business.
- Input and maintain client and supplier records with accurate, high quality information in order to keep an up-to-date knowledge of activity. All pertinent and commercially relevant client and supplier conversations and transactions must be clearly recorded utilizing Salesforce..
- To attend, prepare for and participate in one-to-one/team meetings that will review/guide performance, Share ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree plans/focus.
- To attend internal and external training sessions as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Plus be responsible for continually updating your product knowledge as well as sharing best practice skills with colleagues.
- Experience of consultative selling in a B2B (preferably marketing or technology) environment
- Ability to make cold calls to prospective clients
- Proven ability to negotiate complex deals with senior decision makers
- An excellent understanding of marketing principles, practices & technologies
- Experience of selling solutions, preferably data or digital
- Experience of managing client & prospect meetings to identify new sales opportunities
- Focus and drive to motivate yourself and manage your own sales activity
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Full UK Driving licence
- Own vehicle (travel is required as part of the role - mileage paid)
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours when required
- Knowledge and experience of selling one or all of the following: data services, digital communications e.g. email & SMS campaigns, performance marketing or cyber security
- A network of client-side marketing decision makers within consumer facing, UK businesses
An excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and ever evolving business where your voice is heard and you have the ability to directly impact the growth of the business.
- Consultative Sales
- Data Services
- IT Sales
- Large Enterprise
- B2B sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"