You will probably have worked in the banking industry and be very used to analysing risk (maybe in a support role) and this new job will use your high level of analytical skills and ability to interpret business figures to minimize company risk.
The successful applicant should be self motivated and used to managing their own time. They should have experience working in a role where they have had to identify risk and find solutions to mitigate that risk while considering the commercial needs of the company. The candidate should be very risk aware and knowledgeable about taking security
- Able to read and understand a set of company accounts.
- Experience of underwriting and awarding credit limits of low values probably in banking or finance .
- Comfortable speaking to customers on the phone to obtain information.
- Excellent communication skills
- Comprehensive IT skills.
- Very risk aware ideally with an experience of lending money.
- Experience within the finance industry .
- Issue reminder letters.
- Assist in underwriting for new clients and debtor limits.
- Agree credit limits individually or as part of a team.
- To make credit decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Keeping credit reports up-to date.
- Continuously monitor our customer base for changes in risk.
- Obtaining and reviewing financials of customers.
- Review client accounts to identify areas of risk.
- Host risk management meetings to help manage the risk throughout the company.
- Implementing additional checks or amending terms where necessary.
- Liaise with external agencies to assist in collections or legal action.
- Generate reports for accounting.
- To liaise with our compliance department in relation to Anti-Money Laundering.
- Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:00 (negotiable)
This list is not exhaustive, as a small company defining the role precisely is difficult, the successful candidate will be willing to be flexible to help achieve the objectives of the company.
£28,000 - £32,000 plus Maximum 35% Bonus (Bonus payable upon completion of 6 month probation period)
Pension contribution of 5%.
20 days annual leave increasing by 1 day every 6 months to a maximum of 25.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job