Commercial Research Analyst
City of London
Salary £42,000 - £45,000
Our client is a highly successful and leading FinTech Insurance tech company based in a unique double-height space in an art deco building, close to Leather Lane market and Clerkenwell's artisan coffee houses and craft beer pubs.
Overall purpose of the role is to identify, create analysis and make recommendations that underpin decisions in the Partnerships and Products team. These decisions will grow our revenues and improve the quality of our propositions, so this role is directly connected to our success. The analyses performed will be highly varied, creating a dynamic role covering for example web funnel performance data, pricing sensitivities, market research and competitor benchmarking. This role will become a go-to person in the company for UK-based analytical work.
Plan and implement a range of analytical work to optimise our existing products, for example:
o Analysing the outcome of hundreds of thousands of real life quotes for our products
o Informing our pricing decisions through analysis of conversion and market pricing data
o Performing ad-hoc analyses to better-inform Bought By Many’s trading decisions
o Qualitative research regarding our position versus competitor products
- Plan and implement analyses that support decisions in building new propositions, for example:
o Quantitative and qualitative research into target market segments and their behaviours
o Research into competitor propositions to identify gaps for our propositions
o Analysing existing products’ pricing to determine the boundaries to our own prices
- Plan, implement and adopt existing analyses to support Partner revenues, for example:
o Create mini business case models to simulate the outcomes of contracts under negotiation so that the Partner manager can be appropriately informed
o Own the production of the Partner performance report that allows the Partner manager to spot opportunities to improve or optimise revenues
- Interpret all of the analyses above to make relevant recommendations for changes to our plans or business lines that will improve our revenue or the quality of our product.
- Own the automation of own analyses that are required regularly to minimise repetitive work.
- Monitor the integrity of our internal data sets, flagging issues and working with those in Product and Technology roles to ensure it is accurate, accessible and consumable.
- Work with and take direction and guidance from Product and Partner managers on the above, to ensure your output has real business use and impact.
- The timely production of accurate analysis that supports internal decision-making and performance
- Accuracy in analyses is flawless, with errors caught and highlighted by the analyst themselves
- Output is comprehensive and clearly communicated or clear to understand
- Going beyond the analysis itself and making recommendations from the insight
- Minimal time spent on repetitive work, having automated it themselves or with Tech
- Growing to manage productive relationships with our external data and tool providers
- A working knowledge of the insurance industry or financial services is a plus
- An understanding of digital retail businesses is also an advantage
- An understanding of the analytical tools and data sources for these types of business is also an advantage (e.g. Google Analytics)
- A broadly skilled analyst is what we are looking for:
o Ability to collect, organise, analyse, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets
o Able to conduct qualitative research to a high standard
o Produces robust analyses whose logic and accuracy stand up to scrutiny
o Presents results and insights in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner
o Pragmatic - effectively applies the 80/20 principle
- Adaptable and flexible mindset, able to quickly tackle new or unfamiliar topics
- Self-sufficiency in designing the scope and quality of analytical work
- Proficient in Excel (including the creation of VBA macros), plus one or more of a range of more powerful analytic capabilities to gain insight from large datasets:
o SQL databases and queries
o Python, R, or similar languages
o SAS, STAT, Hadoop / Spark or similar
- Highly organised
- A strong attention to detail and pride in the accuracy of your work
- Comfortable working independently, but a people person who enjoys working closely with others
- Good written and spoken communication, with the ability to present complex concepts simply
- Candidates must have 2-4 years’ experience to date in an analytical, data-centric role
- Prior experience as an analyst in a retail insurance or financial services, or B2C environment is a plus
- Prior experience with a digital retail business is also an advantage
- Experience in any roles relating to the pricing of retail financial services products is a plus
Education and Professional Qualifications
Preferably degree-level educated in Economics, Maths, Science, Engineering, Digital Business, e-Commerce or a related subject.
- Market Analysis
- Market Research
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job