City based Prestigious, International Banking brand is seeking a Business Development Manager to join their Retail Business division.
To increase new to bank business growth by pro-active research, identification and pursuit of new business opportunities through appropriate networking channels and by promoting customer/community awareness of the Bank's products and services.You will be reporting to the Area Branch Manager.
- Delivers superior customer care, proactively seeking to improve customer service, fosters strong customer relations and actively promotes the Bank as the preferred provider of banking services.
- Self generates appropriate new business for target market.
- Is responsible for achieving established individual, Branch and Bank targets through active involvement/participation in sales management in conjunction with Area Branch Manager.
- Creates, maintains and develops business plans appropriate to local target markets.
- Arranges and attends business meetings and other business/social events to promote brand awareness and identify and target new sales opportunities.
- Undertakes lucrative networking activities, (during and outside of normal working hours/days), and promotes the brand by building excellent working relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, Brokers & Accountants etc.
- Acts as key account manager to mortgage brokers where appropriate
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and keeps up to date with policies and relevant regulatory guidelines and issues.
- Efficiently manages business pipeline by appropriate diarising and follow up of leads.
- Appropriate and effective administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison.
- To undertake any other responsibilities as delegated by the Area Branch Manager.
Supports the Area Branch Manager in driving branch sales and reporting same in the absence of the Area Branch Manager
- Proven strong relationship management and business development capability.
- Track record for exceeding varied targets.
- In depth experience of Retail lending products such as Buy to Let Mortgages & commercial lending
- Familiar with SME marketplace, with a proven record of building and maintaining such a customer base
- Considerable experience of building a client base using internal and external networks.
- Very effective in gaining an in-depth understanding of clients' needs.
- In-depth experience of working in the Financial Services sector.
- Understanding of the impact of the regulatory environment on the Business.
- Account Manager
- Business Plan
- Customer Services
- Relationship Management