Commercial Property Paralegal
Full time, in the office
1 Year FTC (Potential to become permanent)
Our client, a highly reputable law firm in Surrey are seeking to appoint a Commercial Property Paralegal with their Property Department.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of commercial property transactions and will enjoy working in a busy and challenging role within a supportive and friendly team. Good team player with fast accurate typing essential. The successful applicant will need to be flexible, friendly and have appropriate legal experience in dealing with clients face to face and on the telephone.
Duties will include:
- Assisting on a mixed caseload of freehold purchase and sale of commercial and business premises, site acquisitions, disposals and development, retail, leisure, factory office and residential, leases & renewals, portfolio management and property investments, property finance and rent reviews
- Opening files and new matters on Case Management system
- Preparing client care letters and service plans
- Preparing and drafting correspondence and precedent documents for fee earners
- Submitting searches and preparing draft reports on results and title documents
- Carrying out bankruptcy searches
- Carrying out priority searches
- Preparing completion statements and invoices
- Drafting and submitting Land Registry applications and dealing with completions and post completions formalities
- Liaising with clients and other parties to keep files ‘ticking over’ for fee earners
- Audio typing from digital dictation system
- Daily use of outlook for diaries, booking client and departmental meetings
Desired skills and experience:
- Legal Assistant / Paralegal experience within a Commercial Property department in a law firm of at least 6 months is essential
- Strong and efficient secretarial/legal admin skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience of using a case management system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very well organised
- Friendly & professional attitude
- IT literate – Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook/ Digital Audio software
- real estate
- commercial property
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'