My Client, a Local Authority, are looking for a Commercial Property Manager to take over responsibility for the day-to-day management of its commercial property investment portfolio in accordance with legislation and industry-leading practices. To deliver well-managed, cost effective property management through timely rent collection, arrears reduction and regular liaison with tenants, suppliers and stakeholders. To periodically inspect the commercial portfolio, providing reports and highlighting any issues to the relevant Senior Asset Manager.
Your role will include the following:
- Highlight property management and lease compliance issues to the relevant Senior Asset Manager and Chief Estates Officer if appropriate.
- Undertake periodic property inspections, e.g. to check progress of work, take meter readings, meet external consultants on site.
- Co-ordinate periodic arrears meetings, preparing schedule and actions. Manage rent collection / debt recovery actions where required by Senior Asset Managers. Liaise with tenants regarding arrears and payment plans. This is to be carried out under the guidance and with advice from the relevant Senior Asset Manager.
- Prepare property management reports and maintain accurate working records.
- Ensure the online property management is up-to-date in terms of lease and transaction information and that functions required by the Asset Managers, such as reports/tenancy schedules, are available.
- Prepare quarterly rent and service charge invoices to be sent out on time. Manage this process in conjunction with relevant Finance colleagues.
- Prepare and monitor service charge budgets where appropriate.
- Check expenditure against approved service charge budgets where appropriate.
- Manage rent deposit payments liaising with Senior Asset Manager and Finance colleagues.
- Calculate rent and service charge apportionments and agree amounts with Senior Asset Manager and Finance colleagues.
- Approve outputs including tenant statements, demands, reconciliations, payments/credits and other financial reporting.
- Process purchase orders and code invoices for authorisation by the Chief Estates Officer. Maintain records of the same.
- Work with the Chief Estates Officer to assist in the provision of data to calculate KPIs.
- Report to Chief Estates Officer as required about performance and draw attention to other matters requiring direction or resolution and to recommend changes.
- Ensure manual and computerised property records are filed and maintained correctly.
- Work with the Chief Estates Officer to ensure processes and systems meet the requirements of internal auditors
- Carry out covenant checks on tenants as directed by Senior Asset Managers or Chief Estates Officer.
- Undertake other duties as required within the responsibility levels and overall purpose of the post.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job