An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established and highly reputable firm in the Truro area as a Senior Commercial Property Manager covering the Cornwall area.
Key duties will involve:
- To manage your own property portfolios with a high degree of autonomy, but delivered within contractual and statutory requirements, efficiently and effectively to maximise returns for our clients and profitability for this firm.
- To ensure that both the policies of the company and practices of the RICS are consistently delivered to the required standards.
- To have a thorough understanding of property management accounting concepts ensuring rent, service charge and other such invoices are issued to tenants in a timely manner; that income is collected on time with arrears minimised and reported to clients in an agreed manner.
- To have complete IT literacy, with particular emphasis on the use and manipulation of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, within which you should be able to produce, programme or modify spreadsheets. Our accounts and L&T database is run on TRAMPS, provided by Trace Solutions: previous use of this system would be an advantage.
- Have thorough understanding of all types of leases and property legislation and practice.
- Liaise in a timely manner with clients and colleagues in the management of lease events such as rent reviews and lease renewals; instructing colleagues in our professional team on behalf of your clients to carry out these works, document and ensure lease and rental details are altered on our accounts system to reflect those changes.
- Liaise closely with the accounts team and your client account manager in all financial aspects of your portfolio, including the preparation of service charges budgets within agreed time scales; treatment of arrears and financial reporting to your own clients.
Ideally the company would like some commercial property management experience and RICS but they will also consider a senior property or block manager with five years recent, senior residential property management experience. Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications but likely to be in the region of £25-37,000.
If this role is of interest, please get in touch.
- Property Management
- Property Managers
- Commercial Property
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job