We are seeking an experienced Commercial Property Legal Secretary to cover maternity leave at our clients Liverpool based office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, determined, self motivated candidate wanting to join an exciting and dynamic team.
To provide dedicated secretarial and administrative support for Directors, Fee Earners and the Practice Manager to ensure the efficient and compliant processing of legal matters; maintaining a standard of excellence at all times.
- Using audio typing equipment and copy typing
- Typing letters, documents, bills, memos, emails
- Completing tax returns and Land Registry forms
- Posting time to the case management system
- Producing document bundles including preparation of indexes and logical organisation of paperwork.
- Opening files and ensuring that client care procedures are followed and that conflict checks are completed
- Lodging conveyancing searches with our search provider and dealing with any issues that may arise e.g. confirmation of utility/service providers
- Daily utilisation of case management system and Microsoft Office, including ensuring the database and document history are up to date
- Ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering procedures and reporting any issues of concern to the money laundering reporting officer.
- Maintaining diaries for fee earners; making appointments for fee earners and entering appointments into the diaries ensuring no conflicts occur
- Managing own workload by utilising an electronic diary
- Dealing with client telephone enquiries in a helpful, diplomatic and friendly manner and addressing enquiries where possible
- Ensuring that all client money and cheques are banked promptly
- Obtaining billing guides for fee earners when requested
- Assisting the Practice Manager with administrative tasks as and when required.
- Appropriate communication and co-operation with all relevant personnel/departments
- Undertaking such other tasks as the directors and fee earners may request
- Following procedures outlined in the office manual
- Understanding of legal process
- Knowledge of the construction of legal case files
- Basic understanding of legal accounting principles
- Understanding or appreciation of client care, confidentiality and security issues
- Previous commercial property experience
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent.
- Typing qualification preferred
- Must be a self starter, able to work to a daily routine and prioritise additional tasks given
- Accurate and methodical approach to work
- Willingness and potential to develop and progress role within the practice.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job