ROLE: Legal Secretary - Commercial Property
SALARY: £19,000 - £22,000
HOURS: Full Time
Competitive salary + career progression
An experienced Commercial Property Legal Secretary is required to join a leading, UK200-listed commercial law firm based in Manchester city centre. Our client provide trusted legal and commercial advice to businesses, their owners and high-net-worth individuals, promoting the growth and success of the North West.
The legal secretary will report directly to a fee earner or fee earners, provide secretarial support to him/her and to the team as directed.
Duties & Responsibilites : -
1. Type work as dictated or requested by the fee earner(s) using BigHand digital dictation system, Partner for Windows case manager system and Microsoft Word or other applications, as applicable
2. Create new clients, matters and contacts in the Partner for Windows database with full and accurate data, in line with the firm's file opening and entity creation procedures
3. Maintain the Partner for Windows database in line with the firms' procedures and the Data Protection Act, ensuring that all data is accurate and up to date at all times
4. Ensure that all typed work is accurate and proof-read before being handed to the fee earner
5. Prepare correspondence, documents (including track changing) and enclosures as applicable ready for signature and ensure all relevant enclosures are attached to the main document ready for posting
6. Ensure that signed correspondence is sent promptly to the Post Room
7. Assist in the personal organisation of fee earners using a computerised diary and task management system to ensure that no key dates, deadlines, tasks and appointments are missed by the fee earner
8. Communicate in a courteous and professional manner with clients, other contacts and internal staff on the telephone and by email, relaying messages and providing assistance where possible
9. Make appointments and book meeting rooms, refreshments, arrange travel and accommodation, etc as required
10. Prompt administration of files such as opening and closing, billing, recording
It is essential you have experience with Track Changes & editing / creating large legal documents. Contracts and lengthy documentation will be the main aspect of your role.
To be considered for this position it is important that you have RECENTLY gained 2 years' experience as a legal secretary or legal PA in the commercial property department.
Please contact me to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Leon Pierce | Recruitment Consultant
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment
The best number to reach me on today is Ext 1040
Please contact Leon Pierce, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
- legal secretary
- commercial property
- commercial litigation