Commercial Property Legal PA / Secretary
The prime role of the PA is to provide direct support to the Fee Earner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. The PA is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Key tasks and duties:
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her fee earner.
- Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients documentation and information.
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements
- Operate the Firm's Case Management System
- Consider improvements to the efficiency of the department.
Skills and knowledge
- Substantial previous Legal Secretarial experience including at least 2 year's experience in the specialist area
- Advanced IT skills in relevant packages
- Keeps up with Fee Earner's work production
- High accuracy levels
- Communicates professionally with clients both on the 'phone and personally'
- Provides good customer care
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Progresses client matters without supervision and in the absence of the fee-earner
- Takes on other tasks
- Prior knowledge of case management systems
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
- Previous relevant experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job