Commercial Property Lawyer working for the UKs leading National Builders Merchant
Do you want to work within a dynamic, collaborative in-house environment for the UKs largest national builders merchants with an extensive property portfolio? If you're passionate about commercial property law and are interested by the prospect of working in-house then we have the vacancy for you.
Our client who is regularly ranked as one of the Top 100 Companies to work for has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Commercial Property Lawyer to join their in-house Legal Counsel Team, based at their Head Office in Northampton. In this role you will be responsible for providing legal advice, conveyancing/transactional services and support to the Group.
Utilising your outstanding communication skills you will be building and maintaining internal and external relationships with a variety of personalities on multiple stakeholder levels; always ensuring that advice given is commercial, practical and tailored specifically to the needs of the business. This role is unique due to the diversity of work undertaken and effective prioritisation will be key as you will be managing a large, varied caseload of transactional and other property legal matters. You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the Group's business and property portfolio, carrying out site visits and working closely with the management surveyors.
Alongside the above you will also be responsible for:
- Receiving and effectively dealing with transactional matters and property management legal issues arising from the Groups Property Portfolio.
- Managing relationships with Group Property and Environment management surveyors to understand their portfolio legal issues and provide pragmatic legal solutions.
- Carrying out detailed legal research and reporting to the business clearly, pragmatically and commercially.
- Working effectively as a team member within the property legal team and wider General Counsel Office team to deliver a uniform approach to delivery of property legal services.
- The ability to provide directive pragmatic commercial legal advice in an in-house environment having regard to risk to enable the business to make operational decisions.
Things you'll need to know:
- Being a large business it does mean that, at times, there are areas of ambiguity, you'll be comfortable with this and be able to control what you can and understand that there is a bigger picture which you are a part of.
- Your relationship building and influencing skillswill come hand in hand with your Degree & Law Practising Certificate and post qualified knowledge/experience.
- This is a great opportunity to utilise and develop your experience in acquisition, disposals - with a bias towards Landlords and tenants.
What's on offer?
You can expect to be rewarded with a full package of perks on top of a strong starting salary of circa £50,000.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job