We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Property Claims Handler to join an established and thriving company based in Ipswich.
Responsibilities of Claims Handler
- Analysing claims and deciding whether they are covered
- Assisting in making recommendations for the settlement of claims
- Liaising with brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors as necessary
- Organising payments to insured’s and third-party suppliers
- Ensuring all enquiries and payments are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring client documentation is correct and internal records up to date to allow for effective file review and audit purposes
- Maintaining communication with clients/brokers and informing them of updates and case progress
- Reviewing claims regularly using a diary system to ensure accurate reserves and timely closure
- Any other functions, as required by Claims Manager or Branch Manager
- Excellent property insurance knowledge
- 5 years+ experience of dealing with commercial property damage and EL/PL claims
- Knowledge of claims coverage issues and wordings
- Excellent and confident communication skills for liaising with all stakeholders (brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors)
- Understanding of claims compliance and management
- Flexible attitude and the ability to work within a changing environment and the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Cert / Dip CII qualified (desired but not essential)
- Good GCSE grades (Maths & English in particular)
- Good IT skills (Microsoft suite and SSP Pure)
- Any other relevant qualification or desire to progress towards a professional qualification
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'