Commercial Procurement Apprentice Level 4
Your new role
Highways England is recruiting a Procurement Delivery Apprentice to join our Commercial & Procurement directorate based at our Guildford office. This is a fixed term position for two years.
This is a great opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and competence to follow a career in Highways England by achieving a specified Level 4 qualification.
The role is working in the Procurement Delivery team within Commercial & Procurement carrying out a range administrative and support duties to enable the Highways England to select the best contractors to deliver our ambitious programme of works.
What you'll be leading on
- Working closely with colleagues within the immediate team and other areas of the business to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Carry out procurement transactions.
- Provide support for the team through scheduling meetings, maintaining action trackers and updating project plans.
- Assisting to raise the profile of the team through a range of communication channels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel) would be beneficial
To be successful
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades 9-4 with, English and Maths at grade 5 being two of those subjects (or equivalent)
- Level 3 qualification, which can include A levels, NVQ, and BTEC / or relevant experience
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Safety and wellbeing of yourself and your colleagues
- Team working and relationship building
- communication skills - communicating technical matters to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Delivering with passion and integrity
- Attention to detail and ownership of your work
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Commercial and Procurement team.
We're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen. You'll be involved in the design of our modern, progressive contracts and partnerships, negotiating best commercial terms, promoting innovation and influencing the development of projects for to enable positive commercial outcomes. Building in every opportunity to ensure that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'