An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Paralegal to join a global, forward thinking business who offer their customers a unique array of solutions for designing, implementing and operating their ICT infrastructure including software solutions, cloud-based and managed IT services, data systems and data centres.
The Commercial Paralegal will support the Head of Legal and Commercial in risk management, compliance and corporate functions.
- First point of contact for legal enquiries and escalate as appropriate.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on contracts in accordance with company standards and templates, including NDAs, Statement of Works, Work Orders, Framework Agreements and Purchasing Terms.
- Assist the Company Secretary with corporate matters and maintaining corporate records.
- Contract management:
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Service Delivery and Projects teams to provide contract support and to ensure compliance with internal processes.
- Manage document control, the signature process and the administration of the contract database.
- Review, proof read and identify risks in terms and conditions for a variety of commercial agreements for Suppliers, Customers and Sub-Contractors.
- Assist with complaints and dispute resolution, including administration and reporting in accordance with ISO standards.
- Assist the business in remaining compliant with various different legal matters, including training staff members on matters such as anti-bribery/corruption policies during induction and throughout the year as required.
- Supervise junior members of the legal team (as appropriate) by providing guidance and instructions on administrative matters.
- Conduct legal research where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have a good standard of general education (at least A Level standard or higher) and a sound grasp of contract law. In addition, a good understanding of various contractual models (e.g., distribution chains, sub-contracting, etc.) is required as is experience in commercial contract law. You will also possess first class communication skills, both written and verbal, with a demonstrable ability to explain complex matters in a straight-forward and succinct manner and also be competent with drafting and amending terms and conditions.
In return, you will receive a generous salary of up to £30,000 DOE. This is coupled with a fantastic benefits package including: 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), 5% pension, Life Assurance (4x basic salary) Private Medical Insurance, half price gym membership, Share Save Scheme (after 6 months) and a wellbeing initiative which includes free fruit in the office.
If this sounds like the ideal fit for you then please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.