Established in 1919, Fylde RFC is at the forefront of rugby in North West England, the leading club outside of the Premiership, with the 1st team currently playing in National One. It is also an extremely well followed club, the website received in excess of 500,000 visits over the past 12 months from over 160,500 unique visitors and the number of followers on Social Media is currently 2500+ on Facebook and 6,000+ on Twitter.
Due to a recent restructure they are looking for a Commercial & Operations Manager to join the team. This role will have responsibility for all Sales, Marketing, PR and Operational Management within the club with the exception of the bars & catering which is run by Campbell & Rowley.
This role could be either Full Time or Part Time but will involve working some Saturdays and Sundays for Match Days and Mini Junior events.
Key Aspects of the Role
- Increasing revenue from sponsorship (pitch board advertising, programme advertising and kit sponsorship)
- Create and sell hospitality/visitor packages
- Increase the number of new member and visitors to the club
- Promote the club through the website, media and social media platforms
- Manage the club’s communication with members and visitors
- Manage communications, marketing and notice boards within the club house
- Obtain and interpret regular feedback from members regarding the club’s operations
- Manage the club’s administration including: subscriptions, invoicing and member events
- Co-ordination of the fixtures and events programme including sponsorship and publication of fixture lists
- Control all insurance and ensure security risks are adequately covered (Key Holder)
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the club’s property assets are maintained to a high standard
- Actively seek to identify, recommend and deliver improvements to aid the finances and operation of the club
- Provide payroll information
Line responsibility for:
- Accounts Analyst
The ideal person for this role will have:
- Considerable previous experience in sales and marketing with demonstrable previous success in this area
- A strong network of business and personal contacts on the Fylde Coast and in the surrounding areas
- Previous management experience, whether that be running a business or managing teams
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage your own workload without supervision.
- An interest in rugby/sport would be advantageous
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job