The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving 'Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: £34,500 - £40,000
Key Skills: Commercial & Contract Management; SAP; Commercial Proposals; Export Compliance; Confidentiality; Intellectual Property
The successful candidate will be required to support bids and projects with customer engagement and contracts management; candidate will support customer negotiations and the agreement of terms and conditions; will also help develop the customer relationship and look for opportunities to secure additional or follow on work, as well as will support multiple project teams at a number of locations and be required to travel to support these teams.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Assist in the identification of alternative commercial models for contracting/ business return that helps secure new business
- Work in multi-disciplined project teams, providing commercial and contract management support
- Process Customer orders through SAP business management system
- Act as the customer's key point of contact for all contractual matters
- Prepare and submit letters of offer
- Assist in the preparation of the Commercial Proposal
- Working with the Legal Department and the Project teams, prepare, draft and negotiate Customer terms and conditions of contract and other non-standard agreements
- Support the commercial bid approval process in accordance with the company's procedures
- Work closely with the Procurement and Finance functions to ensure key Customer Terms and Conditions are flowed down into supplier terms and conditions, and customer billing and payments are carried out timely
- Support Project meetings as required
- Identify areas for personal development to enhance capabilities that add value to the business
- Develop a strong customer relationship that enables opportunities for follow on orders and additional work
- Help identify key commercial risks and bring them to the attention of the IPT
- Understand and help manage export compliance
- Understand and help manage confidential information
- Understand and help manage intellectual property
- Understanding of a basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
- Basic Understanding of export compliance. ITAR, EAR, import taxes and duties
- Understanding of contract law and its application
- Identifying and understand commercial risks
- Good communication skills, written and oral and presentations skills
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
- Commercial Management
- Commercial Models
- Contract Management
- Export Controls
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"