Salary: Up to £25,000 plus a 5% flexible benefits package
Location: Tingley, Wakefield
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Officer to join to NHS SBS Commercial team based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will have a primary responsibility to work within the NHS SBS Commercial Office supporting the day-to-day management of NHS SBS' customer contracts.
This would be an ideal opportunity for Finance, Business Graduate or a Legal Graduate or similar.
The role is based in Leeds and will require occasional travel to other NHS SBS sites.
- Supporting the day-to-day management of NHS SBS’ customer contracts
- Providing a consultancy and port of call for support and commercial advice through the handling commercial and contractual queries
- Drafting and processing of contractual agreements including contract change notes and minor works orders
- Monitor the operation and accuracy of financial controls, reporting and billing
- Identify commercial risks and mitigations
- Providing advice to colleagues on the requirements of specified commercial processes
- Ensuring that governance and commercial procedures are adhered to
- Executing or support the execution of other commercial processes as specified by the Commercial Manager
- Degree educated equivalent
- Background in business, finance, legal, paralegal or economics would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Self-motivated with a positive approach and aptitude for problem solving
- Numerically competant
- Ability to drive continuous process improvement and best practice
- Strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and flex workload to meet business requirements
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
- Commercial Awareness
- Contractual Agreements
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job