Leading contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks an experienced Commercial Officer / Supply Planner who will be responsible for Purchasing, Planning, and maintaining the Supply chain from customer order receipt to dispatch. The post holder will act as the main Supplier contact regarding orders and related commercial enquiries and will ensure that site KPI’s are achieved and that business cash flow is optimised. The role provides Supply Chain leadership in the key focus areas of Operational Excellence, Cost Control & Customer Service.
Main duties will include:
- Responsible for the input of customer orders and managing through to planning and dispatch, through planning scenario’s.
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials and packaging to ensure customer orders are fulfilled OTIF and that the factory plan can be achieved, seeking opportunities for savings, price breaks and improved ways of working.
- Eliminate short term and last minute weekly plan changes to reduce waste in the supply chain. Introduce plan stability and agree achievable delivery dates with customers.
- Responsible for supplier contact in relation to order management & general commercial enquiries.
- Provide projected spends on materials and ways of working to stabilise cash flow using JIT approach.
- Ensure full compliance with the MHRA Rules and Guidance Notes for Pharmaceutical products for Supply Chain and Distribution functions.
- Effectively monitor stock value and stock levels on site.
- Participation in project activities as defined from time to time.
- Set Up of new Bill of Materials and item codes.
- Raising Quality documents i.e. Change Control when suppliers or customers request changes.
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of Excel and be experienced in the use of MRP systems.
The company is extremely well established and offers stability and development.
Standard working week - Mon - Thurs 8am - 5pm and Friday 8am until 2pm.
25 days holiday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job