Commercial Mortgage Underwriter
Commercial Mortgage Underwriter
Salary flexible dep on experience OTE £50k-£55k
My Client are an established Broker looking to expand their Commercial Broking Team in Hertfordshire.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking established Broker that are experiencing huge growth and success at present.
Working as part of an established and successful broking / underwriting team, you will be responsible for dealing with commercial enquiries, sourcing the market for the best possible product and then underwriting the commercial mortgage applications in accordance with the Lending policy, TCF principles and FCA responsible lending best practice.
You will maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge and apply the highest standards of customer case. Working closely with the sales team and introducing broker is fundamental to the delivery of a seamless service to the client and the highest levels of proactive co-operation and approachability are expected.
- Source, sell and Underwrite commercial mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles.
- You will be responsible for managing a case load to maximise loan completions and new business.
- To ensure SLA’s are maintained and exceeded
- Manage a case-load while assisting team members to manage their case load in busy times and in times of absence
- Identify the most suitable lender for customers and be proactive in dealing with the lender through to completion
- Liaise with Brokers, Borrowers, Lenders, Valuer’s
- Maintain full records on systems, including clear and concise notes
- Responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases prior to processing by Operations.
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with responsible lending principles in all dealings with Intermediaries, Solicitors and Valuers.
- To comply with the Code of Business Ethics and ensure your responsibilities regarding the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies.
- Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business.
- Undertake ad-hoc work as directed by Underwriting Team Manager
Skills & Experience
- Experience in Commercial Mortgage broking / Underwriting or from a Broker / Packager / Lender background
- Ideally Ce-Map qualified but not essential
- Good communication skills essential for dealing with brokers, borrowers and lenders
- Good knowledge of industry regulations
- Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hard-working, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews.
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
Interested, please apply without delay for an immediate interview.
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Mortgages
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job