Due to a recently awarded framework in the rail sector a leading tier one contractor has a unique opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their team in London.
The company operates across the civil engineering and construction sectors including rail, highways, airport, marine and energy.
The Framework award value is circa £150M with the potential extension of an additional year and a further uplift to £250M currently under discussion.
The contract awards to date vary and include a structures portfolio, additional track and the construction of new stations.
The Commercial Manager role will be based in Central London with three days per week expected in the office. This role should appeal to an experienced and ambitious Commercial Manger seeking the opportunity to progress to Senior Commercial Manager level within two years.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director and working with the Framework Director, the Senior Commercial Managers offers a high level of autonomy and will have accountability for the successful delivery of a Multi-Functional Framework with Network Rail .
- This includes the full range of business activities from business development, work winning, staff selection and development, project or framework delivery, client and subcontractor relationships to external representation of the company and in particular providing a high level of commercial and contractual support to the business.
- The Framework is underpinned by the principles of BS11000 for collaborative business relationships. Adopting and implementing BS11000 supports and complements the NEC3 framework contract, providing a meaningful way to measure and continuously improve performance over the duration of the framework. Capturing and demonstrating efficiencies and value for money is an essential part of the commercial role on the framework.
- Suitable applicants will be Degree qualified, ideally RICS or ICES member able to demonstrate experience working as a Commercial Manger with a principle contractor within the rail sector, any experience in the delivery of a structures portfolio will be advantageous.
- The Commercial manager will have experience in using major forms of contract including NEC. and have extensive knowledge of contract analysis and risk management, claims production, negotiation and adjudication knowledge.
- For further information on this opportunity please get in touch with Intersect Global today.
- Intersect Global are an equal opportunities employer, we embrace diversity within the work place.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'