The Commercial team at AWE are currently going through an exciting period of growth and we are looking to recruit experienced Commercial Managers.
The Commercial team manages all customer facing contracts, both pre and post award, throughout their entire lifecycle, as well as ensuring robust commercial processes are in place for the full lifecycle management. The personal development of our team is actively encouraged.
Location - Reading area
Package - £41,990 - £60,000 subject to skills and experience
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9 day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependant). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
Successful candidates will be degree educated, or have appropriate professional qualifications or equivalent experience, and be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Experience in a commercial or compliance role working either within the public sector or with public sector clients. An added advantage would be experience of secure government contracts and knowledge of the legislative matters relating to them
- Experience in leading contractual performance management
- Ability to identify, assess, and mitigate commercial risks
- Excellent relationship management skills with demonstrable experience in developing robust relationships with customers and stakeholders both internal and external
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to influence at levels appropriate to the role
- Experience in commercial process improvement
- Good facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, effectiveness in managing priorities in a multi-task role, and the ability to deliver to challenging timescales
- Ability to identify, use and monitor key controls to manage performance
- Ability to make sound decisions and to challenge the business and the customer where appropriate
- Well-developed skills in the use of a variety of computerised business software to support business needs
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'