We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the team. You will provide a world class service to deliver commercial insight on business performance to influence the decision making process, drive profitable growth and support the delivery of the organisations long term strategic goals. The role is based in Liverpool and the successful candidate must have previous PFI experience.
- To provide the drive, analysis, processes and information to deliver the budgeted financial performance.
- Previous PFI experience is essential for this role.
- To provide exemplary commercial stewardship of the Contract; developing, maintaining and controlling commercial processes commensurate with Interserve management systems and corporate governance in conjunction with the Commercial Director and Central Commercial Team.
- Oversee the Contract to ensure contractual reporting obligations to ensure contractual compliance.
- Strive to develop and secure opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Enforcement of the commercial framework in order to measure and guide contract performance, ensuring business processes and practice are conducted in accordance with Interserve Support Services corporate policies and in a way which protects and enhances the performance, professionalism, reputation and image of the company
- Support to the operational and administration teams
- Work closely with the operational and administration teams to ensure understanding of the key requirements, including those which affect financial recovery and risk and the commercial / financial analyses of the contract
- Develop and support the contract commercial team and associated resources
- Provide support to identify and price variations (capital works and services) and enforce the requisite contractual processes to achieve proper payment
- Optimise income, income recovery and profitability to achieve or exceed budgeted financial performance. Regularly monitor income and instigate action to ensure prompt payment
- Actively identify all significant risks and opportunities, prioritising activities to secure opportunities and mitigate risks, keep business fully informed and aware
- Commercial management of subcontracts and suppliers
- Establish and maintain good responsive communication with the customer and any other end clients.
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of Contractual Performance and Commercial Services reporting
- Create, maintain and enforce policies, procedures and governance to manage commercial risk.
- Lead contract negotiations in conjunction with Account Director and Commercial Director
- Negotiation and resolution of commercial claims
- Support and perform any ad-hoc duties at the discretion of the Account Director or, Head of Commercial, or Commercial Director
- Liaison with all contractual parties to administer any associated side agreements e.g. interface agreement, fm agreement, project agreement, direct agreement, collateral warranties
- Ensure compliance with Authority Guidance and that the Commercial Portal is accurately updated with all requisite information
- Continually liaise with operational teams to ensure a through exchange of relevant information so that all chargeable works are unidentified.
- Carrying out training and regular reviews to ensure operational teams are aware of the key contract processes and obligations
- Demonstrable experience of commercial management of Contracts in the order of £10m+ per annum of turnover, preferably within the FM market
- Experience in financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis is required.
- Proven experience in managing high value claims and disputes to a successful outcome
- Proven experience in benchmarking / Market Testing of FM Services
- A good understanding and experience of PFI contracts preferably in a health environment are key for this role is essential for this role.
- Experience of facilities management contracts with a particular focus on hard services.
- Able to identify and quickly mitigate risk.
- Commercial Awareness - Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Strategic - Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications.
- Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Creativity and innovation - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Persuasiveness - Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
- Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitments
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'