About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to work on a new build project, within the South West Midlands/Welsh boarder.
Please note: Candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance.
- To manage commercial performance of a series of projects within the Delivery Unit. To ensure the CSUK commercial process is consistently applied.
- To provide commercial support to the relevant Director of Operations to allow management of project and commercial risk, ensuring that financial performance meets or exceeds profitability targets.
What you'll be doing
As a Commercial Manager you will:
- Be responsible for the commercial assurance of the projects under management;
- Work with procurement surveyors to ensure that subcontracts are placed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner;
- Provide commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risks;
- Manage commercial performance, cash-flow, margin management (commercial value creation) and commercial risk on allocated projects;
- Support the project delivery team in the management of the contract (including managing warranties), creating commercial values;
Who we're looking for
- Have proven experience to lead, influence and communicate with others;
- Be able to demonstrate experience within a specific sector, may be required;
- Hold appropriate qualifications and be a professional member of the RICS, CIOB or ICE is desirable;
- Hold a valid CSCS card;
- Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and previous experience of managing project commercial performance is necessary.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job