Rolls-Royce and Nuvia have formed an Integrated Joint Venture (IJV) for delivery of a Waste Treatment System (WTS) project, as part of a new nuclear build project in the UK. The integrated project team is located in Nuvia’s offices in Birchwood Park, Warrington.
Joining us as a Commercial Manager, you will be based in Birchwood and will be responsible for the commercial management of the Rolls-Royce/Nuvia IJV. You will be providing specialist commercial support to the review, negotiation and management of contracting activity. This will include both upstream, with the IJV's client, and downstream, with suppliers and subcontractors. You will be ensuring that contractual risks and exposures entered into by the IJV are identified, understood, mitigated and reflected, where appropriate, in subcontract arrangements.
For this role, you will be reporting directly to the Rolls-Royce Commercial Director while seconded into the IJV team, supporting Nuvia's WTS Project Manager.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets. Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we've been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
- Manage contract amendments, change, variations, claims, disputes and the overall management of risk and opportunity.
- Provide commercial support across IJV project support functions including Sales, Procurement, Project Management, Legal, Supply Chain, Finance and Engineering.
- Develop commercial terms for suppliers and subcontractors, flowing down key terms from master customer agreements.
- Implement and monitor appropriate contract control and administration processes to project delivery.
- Manage variation proposals to ensure assumptions, risks, opportunities and liabilities are identified and managed with suitable mitigation and provision.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive set of contract and commercial skills, in addition to being able to demonstrate initiative and innovation in delivering value.
- Ensure compliance with Company governance, policy and procedure.
- Ability to communicate on a number of levels and across a wide variety of disciplines within the JV, the Company and the JV's client.
- Experience of working on EPC/Turnkey Projects
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and organization skills.
- Experience of leading successful, complex negotiations within demanding timescales.
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of relevant contract forms, management tools and their use.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"